BJS has started its operation with the mission of holistic development towards the weaker section specially for women. BJS uses Microfinance as a tool for poverty alleviation and empowerment of women of poorest section of the society. Its mandate is to support the poor community, especially women to support them in attaining their self-sufficiency and economic empowerment. In order to do this BJS has adopted a methodology of developing Groups with target women in both rural and urban areas. BJS then disburse loans among these members in small scale for developing their respective income generating activities.
Apart from the poverty alleviation program BJS is currently involved in implementing some important development programs under social development programme. All these programs are inter-related with its core program of microfinance because BJS feels from its experience that only economic development is not the key to uplift the conditions of our target group of people, but they should be empowered with other social arenas too. Therefore, BJS has started the following social activities and running all those projects successfully.
- Non formal school program for children through BJS Shiksaniketan
- Employment generation through BJS Handicrafts
- Uplifting the condition of Ultra poor through Targeting Hardcore Poor
- For smart financial management BJS School of Financial Literacy
- Environmental protection via Water & Sanitation, Green Energy
- Improve health and hygiene through Medical Camps and Awareness Campaigns
It is our dream that one day poverty will be eliminated fully from every part of India and all people will lead happy life. We strongly believe and hope that this dream will come true.